Are you ready to have some fun in the mud?
The Boulder Cycle Sport Cyclocross Team is a fun and competitive group, open to all ability levels. Whether you are a seasoned racer or a first timer, we will provide an opportunity to take your skills to the next level.
BEGINNERS READ THIS! We will teach you everything you need to know about cyclocross and how to prepare for your first race. Our goal is to grow the sport and share the fun and excitement of the season
Our experienced Ambassador Team will teach you everything you need to know about racing cyclocross. You will learn how to register for races, what to expect at various race venues, racing skills and technique, equipment suggestions, and other training tips. Our Ambassadors have over 50 years of combined experience and will help you learn everything you need to know in a non-intimidating environment! We have introduced hundreds of people to cyclocross and are eager to share the passion with you!
TEAM MEMBER BENEFITS
1. Shop Discounts: 15% off all parts and accessories at Boulder Cycle Sport from the time you join the team to 12/31/13 (excludes bikes and frames)
Team Night: You will be invited to Team Night, an opportunity for team members to purchase cyclocross products at special pricing. BCS CX Team Night is on Aug 6th. The price list will be released on July 29th.Sorry, but you missed Team Night on Aug 6th, but we still want you on the team!
Bike/Frame Discounts: You will have the option to purchase cyclocross bikes or frames at an exclusive, team-only price. Sorry, but you missed Team Night on Aug 6th, but we still want you on the team!
4. Clothing: Option to purchase team apparel including long-sleeve skin suits, jackets, jerseys, etc. at team only pricing. You are not obligated to race in this apparel, only the jersey. (since it is now after Aug 6th clothing options may be limited, but will do our best to get you want you want.)
5. Training Rides & Clinics: You will have the opportunity to attend club only training rides and the Wednesday skills clinics to get an edge up on the competition!
6. Tech support and team area at most Colorado races. We typically have a mechanic, tent, chairs, trainers and refreshments at all the Colorado races so you have a place to get ready to race!
Wednesday Evening SKILLS CLINICS: The first skills clinic is scheduled for Wednesday, August 21st at 5:30pm and is for Boulder Cycle Sport CX Team members only. Meet in front of Boulder Cycle Sport – North (4580 N. Broadway). These will continue on most Wednesday evenings until the last clinic on Oct 2nd.
What do you need for the rides and clinics?
Preferably a cyclocross bike, but any bike with mountain bike style pedals will do. It is recommended you remove all water bottle cages for the clinic.
A helmet. (Mandatory)
A signed waiver. (We will have these for you to sign at the clinic.)
A good attitude. (Cross is fun!)
TEAM MEMBER REQUIREMENTS
We want you to have a great time and represent Boulder Cycle Sport in a positive light at all times. Our team requirements are as follows:
1. 2013 cyclocross team membership dues are $45. Swing by either shop to register in person. If you have specific questions about joining the team please email us at email@example.com
2. New members must purchase a new 2013 jersey. If your size jersey is in stock at the time you register, you can purchase the jersey for $85.
3. All members MUST wear their 2013 Boulder Cycle Sport jersey or skinsuit when racing.
4. You will be required to represent Boulder Cycle Sport and cycling in a positive manner at all times, both on and off the bike. No bad sportsmanship!
5. You will be obligated to volunteer at one race (more info soon).
6. Boulder Cycle Sport reserves the right to remove you from the team due to any improper and unsportsmanlike behavior.
7. In order to race you will need to purchase a USA Cycling and American Cycling Association license. Be sure to register under our club, Boulder Cycle Sport.
HOW TO JOIN: Swing by the either shop to register in person. If you have specific questions about joining the team please email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
TEAM APPAREL: If your size jersey is in stock at the time you register for the team, you can purchase the jersey for $85.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
What is the deadline to join? We have open enrollment for our team throughout the season!
Do I need to buy a new jersey if I was a member of the Cyclocross Team in 2012? Yes.
Do I need to buy a new jersey and pay membership dues if I was a member of the BCS Velo Club in 2013? If you already have a new 2013 jersey you do not need to purchase a new jersey, but you do need to pay the $45 membership dues.
What are the dues for? The club dues will be used for race support. We will do our best to have a mechanic at as many Colorado races as possible! There will be food, water, and electrolyte drink (maybe even beer) at each event. We will have our tent, chairs and other necessities at these events, too.
When is the BCS CX Team Night? Aug 6th from 7:30 – 9:00pm at BCS – North
When do I get the Team Night price list? The Team Night price list will be available on July 29th and will be given only to registered team members.
Do I need to register with USA Cycling and the American Cycling Association? Yes, you will need to register with USA Cycling and American Cycling Association. Be sure to register under our club, Boulder Cycle Sport.
I’ve never raced a bike. Can I join the Boulder Cycle Sport CX Team. Yes, the CX Team is for riders and racers of all levels.
BEGINNERS ARE ENCOURAGED TO JOIN. We will teach you everything you need to know about cyclocross and how to prepare for your first race. Our goal is to grow the sport and share the fun and excitement of the season!
When do the cyclocross skills clinics begin? The first skills clinic is scheduled for Wednesday, August 21st at 5:30pm. Meet in front of Boulder Cycle Sport – North (4580 N. Broadway). These will continue on most Wednesday evenings until the last clinic on Oct 2nd.
Got a question? Email: email@example.com