BCS Velo Club
The mission of the Boulder Cycle Sport Velo Club is to create a fun cycling group open to all ability levels and disciplines.
Are you ready to ride in 2013?
Whether you are a seasoned veteran or new to the sport, the Boulder Cycle Sport Velo Club will provide an opportunity for all levels of riders to take their skills to the next level. Riders who have no ambitions of racing are encouraged to join and be a part of our growing cycling community, too!
Team Member Benefits
- Be a part of a great group of like-minded riders looking to have fun on the bike!
- Discounts off all parts and accessories at Boulder Cycle Sport from the time you join the club to 12/31/13 (excludes bikes and frames)
- Team Night inclusion: prior to the start of the season you will be invited to Team Night at the shop. This is the opportunity for team members to purchase products at significant discounts. Our reps and sponsors will offer their products at pro purchase level pricing. (When is Team Night? The date has not been set yet, but in late Feb, early March.
- You will have the option to purchase the official team bikes or frames at team only prices.
- Option to purchase team apparel including jackets, vests, long sleeve jerseys, etc. at team only pricing. You are not obligated to order this apparel, only the jersey.
- Club only rides, events and clinics.
- Saturday Road Rides: First road ride starts Saturday, Feb 2nd at 10am from Boulder Cycle Sport – North
- More rides to come!
Team Member Requirements
- Team membership dues: $100. (A Boulder Cycle Sport jersey is included with these dues.)
- We request you wear you Boulder Cycle Sport jersey (or other Boulder Cycle Sport team apparel) in all cycling events.
- You will be required to represent Boulder Cycle Sport in a positive manner at all times, both on and off the bike.
- Have fun!
Frequently asked questions:
What are the dues for? The club dues will be used for club activities and supplies, such as race and ride support, clinics and special events.
When is Team Night? The date has not been set yet, but in late Feb. or early March. A CONFIDENTIAL TEAM NIGHT PRICE LIST WILL BE DISTRIBUTED IN JANUARY. YOU MUST BE A MEMBER OF THE 2013 CLUB IN ORDER TO GET THE TEAM NIGHT PRICE LIST.
Do I need to register with the USA Cycling or the American Cycling Association? As you may or may not know the ACA is now operating under the USA Cycling umbrella. If you intend to race in Colorado in 2013 you will need a USA Cycling and ACA/BRAC license. You can do this simultaneously at USA Cycling’s website. Boulder Cycle Sport is a registered USA Cycling and ACA Club. When registering at the USA Cycling website you will be able to register under Boulder Cycle Sport for the individual categories you choose (road, mtb, cross and track). You also can register for the ACA / BRAC membership (which you will for racing in Colorado) on the USA Cycling website at the same time.
I don’t race, but still want a group to ride with. Can I join the Boulder Cycle Sport Velo Club. Yes, the Velo Club is for riders and racers of all levels. Even if you have no intention of racing, but want a group to be a part of, then this group is for you!
I’m not sure if I want to join the Boulder Cycle Sport Velo Club now. Can I join later in the season? Yes, but you will miss out on Team Night!
What is the helmet policy? Mandatory, or optional on solo rides? When you are riding on any BCS group ride you will be required to wear a helmet. For solo rides you need to use your best judgement. When riding solo and wearing a Boulder Cycle Sport jersey, we ask that you please wear a helmet to show that you are a responsible member of the cycling community.
Got a question? Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgWhat do you have to do to join?Swing by either shop and register in person or call 303.444.2453 x1 or x3